HomeShopTutorialsMy Gallery Country LivingDriftwoodFurniture PaintingGolden Minds

Thursday 11 July 2013

Welcome To My Craft Room - Where Bloggers Create 2013.

Welcome my dears!


Today, with a dose of shyness, I’ll show you my studio where I spend most of my time designing, adapting and browsing through my treasures and papers. 

                           ******************* 

Karen Valentine and her Where Bloggers Create’ 2013 gave me the excuse to clean and organise my artistic mess to be able to invite you to my humble abode.



During the move into this house, located in Cornish countryside, the room seemed to be relatively large enough to house my accumulated possessions.....


Sitting in my living room, sometimes I think I see a huge aquarium in which instead of swimming fish I see rabbits and foxes.






 

The epicentre of my former utility room underwent a small transformation.




 Cabinets were covered with white, self adhesive wallpaper, and the table top on which my ideas come to life in glossy paper for easy clean up of splattered paint.








In the other part of my room stand the shelves, or actually the remains of the market, which are likely to soon be replaced with a shelving unit in the form of wooden apple crates painted white and arranged on top of each other.





VINTAGE GLASSWARE - MY SECOND WEAKNESS



DECOUPAGE PHOTO FRAMES





WOODEN BLANKS READY TO BE DECORATED



There is a constantly increasing palette of materials to decorate in my cupboards. In one word - I don't lack for anything.





Most of my materials are stored in a cupboard away from direct sun.




My former napkin fixation has been replaced by decoupage paper of high quality and my own prints. Nevertheless yesterday I gave in to the temptation to buy a whole package of napkins with a blue floral motif.





And here is me, in the other part of my house. Precision cutting is very time consuming and requires a lot of patience.  
So I need a cup of my tea to keep me going.



The biggest success in my space was to find a place for my growing collection of clocks. After painting the walls a pale yellow I attached hooks with a long ribbon in the middle, something in the style of a small gallery.



The growing collection of paint brushes is awaiting it's own containers. Perhaps I will decorate them in the style suggested here.





Finally - my decoupage papers decided to hang on pegs, an easy system for sorting and browsing.  



My favourite mini chest with a ton of business cards.




JUST INSTALLED THE HANGER FOR MY VINTAGE LACE



There is a lot of places in which I keep my own works and accessories used to put the finishing touch to my works.

Last minute news

I have done very precise tidying but not only in my room, I have cleared out all the pictures from my computer, which are responsible for my blog. So please don't be put off by no content here. I'm working on getting everything back to normal. 
I have learnt a really bitter lesson....

Best wishes....

15 comments:

  1. Your blog and craft room are lovely! We share so many things in common - a love of nature, of stamps, of pretty containers and lace!

    Would love for you to visit my new space as well!

    Create With Joy
    http://www.create-with-joy.com/2013/07/where-bloggers-create-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You live in such a beautiful area... Thank you for sharing your creative space. I love your vintage glass collection. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh do you do house calls? You have an amazing talent for organizing and in such a pretty way! Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful place for create your stuff:)) Thanks for sharing with us your lovely world of creations:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a beautiful space! I love the vintage touches and the beautiful lace! Thank you for showing us around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joanne, Your creative space is wonderful. You live in such a gorgeous part of your country and what a view to inspire you each day. I can see now why you create such beautiful designs. Love the wall of clocks and all your special vintage touches. Great idea with the hooks for hanging your vintage lace.
    So nice to visit your fabulous space.
    Have a nice weekend, Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your creative space is awesome..and I LOVE DECOUPAGE!!! NICE!!!! Very nice to have met you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joanne, your little studio is just adorable. Love how you display your clocks. They really pop against the yellow paint. You're very well organized as well. Thanks for stopping by my blog, A Scrapmom's Musings, I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely space! And a separate entry of your own! Your home is very lovely! Thank you for sharing with us! Hugs! http://connell-crafts.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great space and you are so organized and your collections are darling. I love your artwork too! Thank you for sharing! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! I love your studio and the way that you have displayed your wonderful things. Thanks for letting us visit! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. You create such beautiful things, and your crafty place is a wonderful reflection of that! Thank you for showing us around.
    And how lucky you are to live in one of the most beutiful places in England ~ I'm jealous!
    Take care ~~~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely space and I like how you have everything so well organized, keeping paints out direct sun light is always a good idea (something I should think about more often). Nice to see spaces cross the pond and in far away places, and yours was a treat to see.

    Cheers!!!

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the visit. Mine and my granddaughters favorite colors are yellow and purple. Loved you space.

    cindy@stitches

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely home and studio! Love those old bottles too and the wooden branch stools are awesome! Thank you for the tour!

    ReplyDelete

Hello dear readers and friends. Your presence on my blog is very valuable and your nice comments much appreciated. So please sit down and and enjoy with me my virtual journey. :)