HomeShopTutorialsMy Gallery Country LivingDriftwoodFurniture PaintingGolden Minds

Sunday 28 April 2013

Rustic Clock - Napkin Decoupage And Pittorico Shading

   The very idea for this clock was not planned out in advanced. I like napkin designs which are not very close together, so they can be separated, cut out with precision and fit at my discretion in the work.



 The clock found his home on my driftwood table next to a vase filled with my favourite flowers, daffodils. By being there it has lightened and filled the whole room with it's warmth. In this work other than napkin technique I also utilised  pittorico shading and crackled finish with crackle medium.




dd caption


   
When working with the napkin technique we can cut out or tear out motifs or glue down entire napkins using glue or glue and an iron. Always remember to throw out the two bottom napkin layers. The glue cannot be too thick or too watered down. During the gluing process it is best to wait a moment until the glue has a chance to set a tiny bit and than proceed to gently lay down the napkin from the middle - outward.





   At this time I recommend my previous step by step directions, decoupage on metal, to show to a small degree what I mean. 

See you next....

10 comments:

  1. Piękne prace. Świetnie spreparowane drewno. Mistrzowska robota.
    Pozdrawiam ciepło

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, the colours are so subtle, lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautifully made and finished - a good job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks lovely. It's always good to have new tips on how to do decoupage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your clock is gorgeous. I love the design, colors and the finish. I have used napkins for decoupage on ornaments and such, but not a clock. It is a fun process. Your work is stunning and your talents are over the moon.
    Happy Creating and a great week ahead.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow this is beautiful! Full of warmth and so expertly made :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful clock and I didn't realise that decoupage was so technical! I have some really pretty paper napkins, that are really too nice to use, so I may try my hand at a bit of collage (when I've looked at your tutorials).
    Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The decor is amazing and so well put together. I love how girly it is!! And pleeease do more blog posts like this!

    ReplyDelete

Hello dear readers and friends. Your presence on my blog is very valuable and your nice comments much appreciated. So please sit down and and enjoy with me my virtual journey. :)