HomeShopTutorialsMy Gallery Country LivingDriftwoodFurniture PaintingGolden Minds

Tuesday 20 November 2012

Vintage Style Tea Box And Decoupage Paper

Hello 
 
It is so cold and rainy here. Nobody bustling around. I think this Is the perfect weather for me because I don't have to hesitate whether to stay home or go out. I can give onself my favourite activities in the quiet corner of my room.
Well, one of my tea boxes was made with absolute pleasure.




 I have played with pieces of great quality classic and very thin, almoust transparent and traditional decoupage paper.
For those who never did anthing like that I can say that paper plays a crucial role in decoupage. It is very best to use specially design for this technique in order to obtain good results. Motives on such paper tend to be very well sepatered from each other to be able to cut them easy. Most of the classic papers are made from high-strength material that easily stick to various surfaces such as wood, metal or even glass.



This box is a combination of everything: paper, acrylic paints and patina and a little bit of imagination. It was so popular so made another for one of my cutomers.




Thank you my dears and have a lovely week....

9 comments:

  1. This box is perfect, I like that combination of everything:)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this box. Decoupage seems to be quiet difficult in terms of paper application...I haven't tried, though wanted so much. Can I use simple thin tissues? for the first try :) Have a nice day! Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this box my dear! I love tea, literally the only thing I drink so this is right up my alley! :D So sweet!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so funny but I actually stop drinking black tea and coffee. Instead I drink fruit and herbal tea which I believe helps me to keep my energy especially in the winter.

    Hindustanka. Paper napkin are most suitable for this technique as well as tissue paper. I think I have written something about this before in my DIY section.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coming from romantic home i do love your altered box.
    Xoxo from PARIS
    Joëlle

    ReplyDelete
  6. So vintage and beautiful, I love it:-)
    Thanks for stopping by, hugs Biljana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Joanna, I just adore your altered tea box. All the details are beautiful. It has such vintage style. I have used pretty thin napkins in the past to create ornaments using this similar technique. Loved the results too.

    Your weather sounds perfect for creating. I love to design in my studio when the day is cold and rainy. It's so cozy and charming. Really an inspiration. I can see you love this too and it shows in your work.

    Have a wonderful and creative day.
    Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful box! your blog is lovely! I love the colors and detail. visiting you from the etsy click and comment team. great blog :)

    Saralyn

    www.studiomaisonblog.us

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such an adorable tea ches!

    ReplyDelete

Hello dear readers and friends. Your presence on my blog is very valuable and your nice comments much appreciated. So please sit down and and enjoy with me my virtual journey. :)